Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Poster Project

One of the tools a used a bunch in this project was the eye dropper tool. I wanted to keep a flat palette in both posters, so using the eye dropper was a big help. It made it so I could easily match colors so I could stick to the same ones.


I think font type played a bigger role in my Quack Attack poster than the other one. For the main title I used a blocky type font. I chose that one because I wanted a font that resembled the type used on letterman’s jackets. This “movie” is about a flag-football team so I wanted to use text that conveyed the sports theme.

I really like dorky, not-very-well-known-bands so I decided that was the kind of band I wanted “Chapstick Revenge” to be. I wanted the poster to come across that way. I found a picture of four random people on Google, who became my band members, since it’s a smallish band. I wanted the Quack Attack poster to come off comically. My friends really do have a flag-football team and they take themselves pretty damn seriously. So yeah, this poster might be making fun of them just a little. I think between the massive rubber duck and super cliché slogan, I accomplished my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment