Sunday, November 7, 2010

Book Proposal (sorta)

“How to Become a Superhero; and Other Useless Schemes”
First of all, I have no idea how to write a book proposal so I’m just going to wing it… So for this project, I ran through a lot of ideas…some not so good. But the one I think I can really run with is what I’m going to base my book on. The title (tentatively) will be “How to Become a Superhero; and Other Useless Schemes.” Each of the eight pages will feature a different how-to guide. A couple ideas I have in mind, besides how to become a superhero, are how to become a mime and how to become a nerd. I plan to create this book using an InDesign template. I’m intending to either create all of my images in Photoshop or hand draw them and scan them into the program. I want the book to look sort of elementary. I plan on using a font that looks handwritten. I’m also thinking about making the pages look as if they came from a lined notebook. At this point, I’m not entirely sure about the dimensions but I’m not going to do anything too crazy. I feel like this book would be marketable to people around my age with a sense of humor. And honestly, who doesn’t want to learn how to become a superhero?

No comments:

Post a Comment