Monday, October 18, 2010

Type Project

Type Project Reflective Essay
                I chose all my letters at random. I chose them simply for their shape. I didn’t have any connection to the letters. When choosing the letters I just thought about what I could do with the shape of each letter.


                In the majority of my compositions I rasterized the letters. I found that this made it easier for me to manipulate them the way I wanted. The only problem I found with this approach was that once I had rasterized a letter I was stuck with whichever font I had first chosen. I think by rastersizing the letters, the compositions were more about the overall visual effect instead of the actual letters.



                My favorite composition was the one with the dandelions…by far. It was the first project I did and definitely think it turned out the best. I like it better than the others because it depicts a scene even though everything is made out of v’s. I also like this one because I think the colors work really well together. I knew it was finished because I kept trying to add things to it and it just looked worse and worse. So I finally stopped trying to ruin it and let it be.








No comments:

Post a Comment